Car Insurance Quotes for Texas Drivers
From your family van or SUV to your Harley, Lamborghini or Aston Martin, Anco Insurance has all of your auto insurance needs covered. We offer free car insurance quotes for Texas drivers of all ages, so whether you are a new driver or the owner of a new vehicle, we have what you’re looking for.
Understanding What Is Covered in an Auto Policy
When it comes to buying insurance for your car or other automobile, do you really understand what it is you’re getting for your money? On a basic level, car insurance provides you with financial support if your car is damaged or stolen. But how much is covered? The answer to this question lies in the type of insurance you purchase:
- Bodily injury/property damage: This insurance protects you financially should you cause injury to another person or damage to someone else’s property.
- Personal injury protection: This insurance helps to pay medical and funeral expenses and a portion of your lost income resulting from an accident.
- Collision coverage: This insurance kicks in to cover costs associated with damage done to your vehicle in an accident, whether you or another driver was at fault.
- Uninsured/underinsured coverage: If you are involved in an accident caused by another driver who is either uninsured or does not have enough insurance, this coverage steps in to pay any related expenses.
- Other than collision: The name says it all: other than collision covers damage done to your vehicle caused by events aside from accidents, including storm damage and vandalism.
- New car replacement coverage: This provides financial protection for the value of the car including depreciation, but not the sticker amount
- Car rental reimbursement coverage: This pays for costs related to car rentals in the event that your vehicle is damaged or totaled.
- Roadside assistance: This coverage provides for on-demand assistance when you need it, including towing, changing out a flat tire, or supplying you with gas if you run out before making it to a station.
We can help you sift through your options so you can make an informed choice as to which coverage and coverage limits best fit your insurance needs.
For owners of antique cars, custom cars or other high-value vehicles, we offer special coverage options through companies which specialize in these types of cars. Speak to us about your higher-end insurance needs.
Lowering Your Rates Through Discounts
Our independent agents dedicate the time necessary to help identify ways to cut back on costs without cutting corners on coverage. We can assess your individual situation so we can apply as many discounts as possible to lower your premiums:
- Safe driver discounts can provide for premium discounts if you have or maintain a clean driving record
- Multi-car discounts may offer savings by insuring more than one vehicle through the same insurance company
- Companion policy discounts can be applied when you cover both your vehicles and your property through the same insurance company
- Good student discounts may kick in when your full-time student carries or exceeds a specified grade point average
- Auto discounts programs for qualifying seniors
- Class discounts for driving training courses, safe driver courses and accident prevention courses
- Feature discounts for passive restraints, anti-theft systems and additional safety features
If your vehicle is undrivable due to an accident of some kind then it is likely that you will have to get it towed to a nearby facility. You can opt to get coverage for this type of cost when you buy your insurance.
Even though when it comes to buying auto insurance Houston drivers may opt just to get the basic coverage, understand that if you’re leasing your car you will be required by the leasing company to buy comprehensive and collision damage coverage, essentially to protect their assets as well.
The state of Texas has minimum liability insurance limits in place and most people will be required to buy at least that amount of coverage when they take out the policy. The minimum limits are known as 30/60/25. This means that $30,000 will be paid out in the event that there is a successful claim for each person injured in an incident. There is a maximum amount of $60,000 for injuries sustained in any one incident. The insurer will also pay up to $25,000 to cover property that was damaged as a result of the accident.
It is very important to ensure that you have coverage, as there can be harsh consequences alternatively. If they are found not to have auto insurance Houston drivers can face a fine of up to $350 for the first conviction. Subsequent convictions can result in fines of up to $1000, with the possibility that your driver’s license privilege may be suspended and you car may be impounded.
You may have questions related to your auto insurance, especially if you have multiple adults in your household, or are looking for coverage for family members. It’s important to make sure that you have adequate coverage not only to protect you and others financially, but to ensure that you are in compliance with the law. Talk with Anco agents to answer all your questions.
When you call to request your free car insurance quote, discuss which discounts might apply in your situation with one of our agents.
Contact Anco Insurance for Your Free Car Insurance Quote
We can compare quotes across multiple highly rated companies on your behalf. Contact our insurance office today to get started. With five convenient locations, we are able to assist drivers throughout Texas.