Prepping Your Home for Your Vacation
If You’re Going on Vacation, Is Your Home Prepared?
During the summer months, families love to cherish those special getaway moments. Whether you are leaving town for a few days or a few weeks, it is important to make sure your house will still run smoothly while you are away. Read on for a few tips to give you peace of mind while you are on vacation this summer.
• Ready your pets. Make sure there is plenty of food and if you have one, give your pet sitter detailed instructions.
• Clean out the fridge. Eat or throw away any food that will expire while you are gone.
• Leave a light on. For short trips, leave one or two lamps on to make your house look occupied. For longer trips, alert a neighbor or friend who can check up on your house every few days.
• Hold the mail and newspapers. A call to your post office and news carrier will ensure that these items will not pile up in front of your house while you are gone
• Notify a trusted neighbor or family member that you are going to be gone and ask them to check in on the house if possible
And make it easy on yourself to prepare for your return by doing the following:
• Plan for some quick meals. Have some pre-made dinners in the freezer and a few snacks so your first meal back will be hassle free.
• Change the sheets. Make up your beds with fresh sheets for a comfortable first night back
• Straighten up the house. Make sure you leave the house in order so you don’t have to return to clutter or mess. Wash the dishes, wipe down the counters and give the toilets a quick clean.
These tips can help you reduce the stress of preparing for your vacation so that you can relax and enjoy your time away!